Direct Support Professional
Direct Support Professional (DSP) – We offer exceptional low-cost health benefits, generous paid time off, and a warm and welcoming community environment.
The Position: We’re looking to hire two new full-time Direct Support Professionals (DSP’s). The working hours are:
Position #1: Sunday-Thursday from 11:30am-7:30pm (Friday & Saturday are days off)
Position #2: Tuesday-Saturday from 10am-6pm (Sunday & Monday are days off)
The pay rate we’re offering is $16 per hour.
- Our most popular benefit is the low-cost health insurance benefit, which offers full health coverage, including prescriptions, deductibles, and copays for approximately $46.00 bi-weekly for the entire family!
- We also offer dental, vision, and a 401k retirement benefit, as well as 4 weeks of paid time off starting in your first year of employment, plus additional days off for each year thereafter. Benefits also include holiday pay rates for 13 holidays per year. Health and wellness is encouraged by offering up to $1000 each year in reimbursements for any wellness related activity or purchase—this includes massages, gym memberships, vitamins and supplements, and therapies not covered by insurance.
- Prior experience working with elders is preferred.
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 30 pounds, and to spend long periods of time walking/standing.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Experience or interest in alternative/holistic medicine, and an interest in working with the special needs population.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must be able to produce service documentation effectively, and be able to complete the training programs and successfully pass associated tests (Medication Administration certification, CPR, First Aid)
- Personal care and administering medications according to physician/nurse’s instructions
- Assisting individuals with goals and participating in activities
- Transports individuals to medical appointments and other outside activities as needed
- Maintaining a clean, comfortable and safe environment
Why Should You Apply?
- Affordable health insurance, leaving you with more take-home pay
- Competitive pay rates
- Opportunities for on-the-job training
- Generous paid time off, allowing you to spend more time doing things you enjoy
- Diverse and welcoming work environment
- Send resume or completed employment application to our Human Resources department at email@example.com.
- Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and candidates will be contacted if they are selected for an initial interview.
- Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of required NYS Office for People with Developmental Disabilities criminal background checks.
- For more information about this position, please contact HR at 518-329-7924 ext. 104.