Camphill Village is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability or veteran status.
We’re looking for a full time Operations Assistant to work Monday through Friday in our biodynamic seed growing business: Turtle Tree Seed.
The working hours are:
Monday through Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm with a one-hour lunch break
- General customer service tasks such as answering main phone lines/main email address, and providing friendly, helpful and efficient customer service
- Receiving orders via web, phone, email. Processing/shipping of orders
- Tracking accounts receivable
- Maintaining customer database
- Assisting with all aspects of the business operations as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Experience and/or interest in working with the special needs population
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Proficient computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of agriculture/horticulture, biodynamic or organic gardening is a plus
Why Should You Apply?
- Affordable health insurance, leaving you with more take-home pay
- Competitive pay rates
- Opportunities for on-the-job training
- Generous paid time off, allowing you to spend more time doing things you enjoy
- Diverse and welcoming work environment
About our Benefits Package
- Our most popular benefit is the low-cost health insurance benefit, which offers full health coverage, including prescriptions, deductibles, and copays for approximately $43 bi-weekly for the entire family! We also offer an opt-out benefit of $3500 per year for those who do not want to participate in our health insurance.
- We offer dental, vision, and a 401k retirement benefit, as well as 4 weeks of paid time off starting in your first year of employment, plus additional days off for each year thereafter. Benefits also include up to 13 paid holidays off per year. Health and wellness is encouraged by offering up to $1000 per employee each year in reimbursements for any wellness related activity or purchase—this includes massages, gym memberships, vitamins and supplements, and therapies not covered by insurance.
- Send resume or completed employment application to our Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and candidates will be contacted if they are selected for an initial interview.
- Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of required NYS Office for People with Developmental Disabilities criminal background checks.
- For more information about this position, please contact HR at 518-329-7924 ext. 104.