Camphill Village is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability or veteran status.
Direct Support Professional, Full Time
We are seeking a full-time Direct Support Professional (DSP) to perform the following functions:
- Personal care and administering medications according to physician/nurse’s instructions
- Assisting individuals with goals and participating in activities
- Transports individuals to medical appointments and other outside activities as needed
- Maintaining a clean, comfortable and safe environment
- Prior experience working with elders is preferred.
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 30 pounds, and to spend long periods of time walking/standing.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Experience or interest in alternative/holistic medicine, and an interest in working with the special needs population.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must be able to produce service documentation effectively, and be able to complete the training programs and successfully pass associated tests (Medication Administration certification, CPR, First Aid)
Sunday and Monday: 7 a.m.-6 p.m.; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 2 p.m.-8 p.m.
The pay rate we’re offering is $16 per hour.
- Send resume or completed employment application to our Human Resources department at email@example.com.
- Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and candidates will be contacted if they are selected for an initial interview.
- Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of required NYS Office for People with Developmental Disabilities criminal background checks.
- For more information about this position, please contact HR at 518-329-7924 ext. 104.