Camphill Village is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability or veteran status.
Café Cook (Part Time)
Come join our warm an welcoming community environment!
We’re looking for a part time Café Cook to work up to 25 hours per week in our Village Green Coffee Shop & Café. The work week is Tuesday through Saturday with varying hours.
- We offer a 401k retirement benefit, as well as 4 weeks of paid time off starting in your first year of employment, plus additional days off for each year thereafter. Benefits also include up to 13 paid holidays off per year.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Experience and/or interest in working with the special needs population.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 4 years experience with the food service industry is required. Experience may include service, cooking, food prep, etc.
- Will also accept trade school degree (culinary or related) with 2 years of experience with the food service industry.
- Preparing and cooking high quality food according to menus created together with the Café Manager. Prepares meals for modified or therapeutic diets as requested. The Café regularly serves meals to large groups of approximately 60 people or more.
- Ensures the kitchen and food service areas are maintained in a clean and safe manner and contributes to the cleanliness of the overall Café and Village Green.
- Inventories and orders food products and supplies on a regular basis.
- Responsible for properly labeling, covering, and storing unused food after each meal.
- Ensures food service costs are maintained within established budgetary guidelines.
- Ensures meals are served in a timely, attractive and tasteful manner.
- Together with Café Manager, will be responsible for training and supervising Café volunteers.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive pay rates
- Opportunities for on-the-job training
- Generous paid time off, allowing you to spend more time doing things you enjoy
- Diverse and welcoming work environment
- Send resume or completed employment application to our Human Resources department at email@example.com. Please include desired rate of pay.
- Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and candidates will be contacted if they are selected for an initial interview.
- Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of required NYS Office for People with Developmental Disabilities criminal background checks.
- For more information about this position, please contact HR at 518-329-7924 ext. 104.